Version 4.7.3 of the netCDF-C library is now available.
Changes in the netCDF-C library include (but are not limited to):
- Fixed an issue where installs from tarballs would not properly compile in parallel
- The library was modified so that rewriting the same attribute happens without deleting the
attribute, to avoid a limit on how many times this may be done in HDF5.
- Add a dispatch version number to
case we decide to change dispatch table in future.
- Now testing that endianness can only be set on atomic ints and floats.
- Fix for subtle error involving var and unlimited dim of the same name, but
unrelated, in netCDF-4.
- Update for attribute documentation.
- Corrected assignment of anonymous (a.k.a. phony) dimensions in
an HDF5 file. Now when a dataset uses multiple dimensions of the same size, netcdf
assumes they are different dimensions.
Unidata offers computer equipment grants to support a variety of projects
The Unidata Program Center is pleased to announce the opening of the 2020 Unidata
Community Equipment Awards solicitation. Created under the sponsorship of
the National Science Foundation, Unidata equipment awards are intended to
encourage new members from diverse disciplinary backgrounds in the geosciences
to join the Unidata community, and to encourage existing members to continue
their active participation, enhancing the community process. For 2020, a
total of $100,000 is available for awards; proposals for amounts up to $20,000
will be considered.
In keeping with Unidata's most recent proposal to the National Science Foundation for
continued program funding, additional emphasis will be placed on providing support for
institutions serving populations that are underrepresented in the broad geoscience
community. Unidata is dedicated to broadening participation by minority serving
institutions, and we particularly encourage small institutions, academic departments that
have not previously submitted proposals to this program, and programs outside Unidata's
traditional atmospheric sciences community to apply.