Re: [galeon] [CF-NetCDF-1.0.swg] netCDF Uncertainty conventions (netCDF-U)

Hi Lorenzo,

I am not sure whether I will be at the OGC meeting, but I am interested in
how you see NetCDF-U Summary Statistics being compatible with existing CF
Cell methods e.g.

dimensions:
  time = UNLIMITED; // (5 currently)
  station = 10;
  nv = 2;
variables:
  float pressure(station,time);
    pressure:long_name = "pressure";
    pressure:units = "kPa";
    pressure:cell_methods = "time: point";
  float maxtemp(station,time);
    maxtemp:long_name = "temperature";
    maxtemp:units = "K";
    maxtemp:cell_methods = "time: maximum";
  float ppn(station,time);
    ppn:long_name = "depth of water-equivalent precipitation";
    ppn:units = "mm";
    ppn:cell_methods = "time: sum";
  double time(time);
    time:long_name = "time";
    time:units = "h since 1998-4-19 6:0:0";
    time:bounds = "time_bnds";
  double time_bnds(time,nv);
data:
  time = 0., 12., 24., 36., 48.;
  time_bnds = -12.,0., 0.,12., 12.,24., 24.,36., 36.,48.;

http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-conventions/1.6/ch07s03.html

It seems like UncertML references could perhaps be 'attached' to existing
Cell method descriptions rather than being an alternative structure?

Regards,

Dom