[UDUNITS #FYK-161024]: units for radiation question

Randy,

The question is what should the unit specification "rad" mean? Radian or
centigray? A choice has to be made and the winner was "radian". The
commented-out portion was kept for historical reasons.

So, the UDUNITS package interprets "rad" as meaning "radian". If you want the
radiation unit, then use "centigray" or "cGy".

> Randy here (again) ... how are you ?

Hangin' in there. Can't complain (nobody listens :-).

> I am confused about the units for radiation.
>
> The on-line documentation basically says that "rads" is used for
> "radians".
>
> And then it shows centigray (cGy), but the entry is commented out.
>
> For our data variables that contain this quantity, what units should we
> use ?
>
> v/r
>
> rh

Ticket ID: FYK-161024