[UDUNITS #TMY-192575]: g77 and udunits1-1.11.7

Pete,

> I was hoping you could help me with a compilation error with an old Fortran
> 77 that requires a call to udunits.dat. I realize that udunits v1 is
> depreciated, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I would love to use
> udunits v2, but the program I am using requires a call to "udunits.dat" in
> order to compile, which I cannot find in udunits v2. Here is the command I
> am using to compile the program:
>
> g77 read_nc2cmp.f -L/usr/local/netcdf-4.1.3/lib -lnetcdf -p
> '/usr/local/udunits-1.11.7/etc/udunits.dat' -ludunits (where the -L flag
> specifies the file path to the netcdf libraries and the -p to the
> udunits.dat file)
>
> I get the following error:
>
> /usr/local/udunits-1.11.7/etc/udunits.dat: file not recognized: File format
> not recognized
>
> Have you ever encountered this before? Any help would be much appreciated.

The file "/usr/local/udunits-1.11.7/etc/udunits.dat is the units-database for
the original UDUNITS (alias UDUNITS-1) package. There's no way that pathname
should be handed to the g77(1) compiler.

Also, according to <http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.4.6/g77/> g77(1)
doesn't have a "-p" option.

I think your g77(1) command is invalid.

> Thank you,