[UDUNITS #NCI-211836]: how to handle things that are "per units area"

Roland,

> I have a data set (snow water equivalent) which is expressed as
> "millimeters per unit area". I've been describing the units within NetCDF
> as just millimeters, but as we move to real publication of this data set,
> I wanted to check if there was a favored style for describing this that
> you were aware of.

The value of the quantity doesn't depend on area: the value doesn't change as
the amount of area is changed. Therefore, the proper unit is a length unit
(e.g., "mm", "millimeters", "inches"), in my opinion.

> Thanks.
>
> Roland

Ticket ID: NCI-211836
Department: Support UDUNITS