[UDUNITS #TCQ-199645]: UDUNITS-2 version 2.1.14: ut_compare bug report

Constantine,

> I'm working on an object-oriented Python wrapper for UDUNITS-1 and
> UDUNITS-2(*), and while testing my code I discovered what seems to be
> a bug in ut_compare().
>
> Attached is a small program in C demonstrating that, according to
> ut_compare(), "1.01 meter" < "1.1 meter" *and* "1.1 meter" < "1.01
> meter".

Good catch! Thanks for sending this in.

I've made a new release (2.1.22) that shouldn't have this bug. You can get it
at <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/udunits>.

> Unfortunately I was not able to check if UDUNITS-2 version 2.1.21
> shows the same behavior.

UDUNITS 2.1.21 had the same bug.

> --
> Constantine
>
> (*) Hosted at http://code.google.com/p/python-udunits/
>
> PS: My UDUNITS-1 Python wrapper is usable, but needs documentation and
> a better installer. The UDUNITS-2 wrapper is very much half-baked at
> this point.

Keep working and let me know.

Ticket ID: TCQ-199645
Department: Support UDUNITS