[UDUNITS #TJT-685331]: testing if a unit meets the udunits specification

Janine,

> I am trying to determine if my unit specifications meet udunits standards.
>
> I tried to test my unit specifications using udunits2(1), but got
> inconsistent results:
>
> You have: count/L
> You want: 1/cm^3
> 1 count/L = 0.001 1/cm^3
> x/(1/cm^3) = 0.001*(x/(count/L))
>
> You have: 1/cm^3
> udunits2: Don't recognize "/cm^3"
>
> Is there a more direct way to determine if 1/cm^3 meets the UDUNITS
> standard?
>
> In the file "udunits2-common.xml" I found:
>
> <unit>
> <def>1</def>
> <aliases>
> </aliases>
> </unit>

You found a bug in the udunits2(1) program. Thank you for sending this in.

I've made a new release (2.1.21) whose udunits2(1) program correctly accepts
the specification "1/cm3" as the "have" unit. Please try this release and let
me know if you have any problems with it. It's available at the UDUNITS
homepage <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/udunits>.

> Thanks,
>
> Janine
>
> --