[UDUNITS #XSW-532842]: Strange warnings when using udunits1 API with udunits2 library

Heikio,

> My program uses the udunits1 API. More and more users are now switching
> to udunits2 and are just using the compatibility API coming with the
> udunits2 library.
>
> This works well so far, but udunits2 gives lots of warnings:
>
> * warnings like 'Definition of "kt" in
> "/usr/share/udunits/udunits2-common.xml", line 86'
>
> I found in the mailing list a tip on how to disable those:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/udunits/msg00757.html
> but this solution doesn't seem to be available from the old API.
>

> * warnings like 'ut_get_converter(): Units not convertible'
> thrown from utConvert, when trying to test convertibility, so I
> expect some non-convertible units, and something like ut_are_convertible
> is not available in udunits1.
>

> Is there a possibility to disable those warnings from the udunits1 API?

I modified the UDUNITS-1 function utInit() so that it shuts-off the printing of
UDUNITS-2 error messages.  The new version is 2.1.18 and is available at
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/udunits> or
<ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/udunits/udunits-2.1.18.tar.gz>.

Let me know.

> Best regards,
>
> Heiko

Ticket ID: XSW-532842