[UDUNITS #JQY-420276]: the knot (unit)

Tim,

> On looking through your ÂCommon, non-SI, units XML definitions,
> I noticed that the knot (unit of speed) definition appears to be
> incomplete:
>
> <unit>
> <def>knot</def>
> <aliases>
> <symbol>kt</symbol>
> <symbol>kts</symbol>
> </aliases>
> </unit>
>
> The international knot is defined to be exactly 1.582 km/h so IÂd
> suggest that the definition should look something like:
>
> <unit>
> <def>5.14444444e-1 m/s</def>
> <aliases>
> <symbol>kt</symbol>
> <symbol>kts</symbol>
> </aliases>
> </unit>

Not necessary.  The "international knot" unit is accepted for use with the SI,
so it's defined in the file "udunits2-accepted.xml".  The entry in
"udunits2-common.xml" is just to add the abbreviations "kt" and "kts".

Thanks for perusing the database, though.  The more eyes on it, the better.

> Regards,
>
> Tim Nightingale.

> Tim Nightingale
> Space Science and Technology Department
> Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
> Chilton, Didcot                   Phone: +44/0 1235 445914
> Oxon OX11 0QX                    Fax:   +44/0 1235 445848
> United Kingdom                  Email: address@hidden

Ticket ID: JQY-420276
Department: Support UDUNITS