Re: building udunits for ia64

Enils,

>Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 02:03:24 -0400
>From: Enils Bashi <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: building udunits for ia64

> I am having problems building the udunits source 1.12.2 on an Itanium
> running Redhat Enterprise 3 IA-64. ./configure runs fine, but make
> fails.
>
> Attached please find the output of make.
> making `all' in directory /usr/local/udunits-1.12.2/src/lib
>
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/udunits-1.12.2/src/lib'
> c89 -c -O -I../port/misc -I../port/cfortran
> -DUT_DEFAULT_PATH='"/usr/local/uduni
> ts-1.12.2/etc/udunits.dat"'  utlib.c
> In file included from utlib.c:29:
> ../port/cfortran/cfortran.h:132:3: #error "cfortran.h:  Can't find your
> environm
> ent among:    - MIPS cc and f77 2.0. (e.g. Silicon Graphics, DECstations,
> ...)
>        - IBM AIX XL C and FORTRAN Compiler/6000 Version 01.01.0000.0000
>
> - VAX   VMS CC 3.1 and FORTRAN 5.4.                                      -
> Alpha
>  VMS DEC C 1.3 and DEC FORTRAN 6.0.                               - Alpha OSF
> DE
> C C and DEC Fortran for OSF/1 AXP Version 1.2              - Apollo DomainOS
> 10.
> 2 (sys5.3) with f77 10.7 and cc 6.7.                - CRAY
>
>                                              - NEC SX-4 SUPER-UX
>
>                                       - CONVEX
>
>                                - Sun
>
>                         - PowerStation Fortran with Visual C++
>
>                  - HP9000s300/s700/s800 Latest test with: HP-UX A.08.07 A
> 9000/7
> 30        - LynxOS: cc or gcc with f2c.
>
>    - VAXUltrix: vcc,cc or gcc with f2c. gcc or cc with f77.                 -
>
>          f77 with vcc works; but missing link magic for f77 I/O.     -
>
>   NO fort. None of gcc, cc or vcc generate required names.    - f2c    : Use
> #de
> fine    f2cFortran, or cc -Df2cFortran                 - NAG f90: Use #define
> NA
> Gf90Fortran, or cc -DNAGf90Fortran              - Absoft UNIX F77: Use
> #define A
> bsoftUNIXFortran or cc -DAbsoftUNIXFortran     - Absoft Pro Fortran: Use
> #define
>  AbsoftProFortran     - Portland Group Fortran: Use #define pgiFortran"
> make[1]: *** [utlib.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/udunits-1.12.2/src/lib'
> make: *** [lib/all] Error 1

The above means that a C macro that tells the C compiler what Fortran
calling conventions to use wasn't defined in the environemnt variable
CPPFLAGS when the configure(1) script was executed.  If you only need
the C API, then you can define any such macro, e.g.,

    $ make distclean
    $ CPPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran ./configure &>configure.log