20050531: UDUNITS...

Jesse,

>Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 15:42:42 -0400
>From: JESSE BRAYER STONE <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20050531: UDUNITS...

>       Here's the output from "uname -a": IRIX64 gator1 6.5 01062343 IP30
>
>       As for the rest of the items, my system won't even recognize the
> 'configure' command.  When I type make distclean, it replies:
>
> don't know how to make distclean (bu42)

Then it appears that your user-shell doesn't know how to find common
utilities (e.g., "make").

Are you using a csh(1)-derived user-shell or an sh(1)-derived one?

What are the outputs from the following commands:

    which make

    type make

> The only file as far as logs go is a file called 'log', which contains
> only the following:
>
> ./configure: Command not found.

When you executed this command, were you in the top-level
source-directory of the UDUNITS package?

> I first asked my system administrator if there was some other
> 'configure' like command on our system.  His response was that I
> needed to contact the authors of the program to find out how to run it
> on an SGI workstation.

Your problem appears to be more fundamental than that.  Tell your system
administrator that your user-shell won't execute the configure-script
that comes with the package.

> I'm trying to run the following version:  udunits-1.12.4
>
> Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.  I apologize in advance
> for my lack of computer savvy.
>
> SIncerely,
> Jesse Stone

Regards,