: 20041116: udunits under cygwin

Adam,

>Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:54:23 -0700
>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: 20041116:udunits under cygwin

> I'm having troubles compiling udunits on cygwin. The version of udunits
> is 1.12.2 and the associated logs are attached.
> Please help if you can,
> Adam Baxter

The file "configure.log" indicates that the configure script encountered
a problem:

> checking for Fortran integer type equivalent to C pointer... configure:
> error: Test program build failure

The file "config.log" gives more information on the problem:

> configure:2288: checking for Fortran integer type equivalent to C pointer
> configure:2298: cc -o conftest -O -DNAGf90Fortran  conftest.c
> cc: : No such file or directory

The information in insufficient, however, to deduce the cause of the
problem.

I suggest that you edit the configure script to have it exit at the end
of the above test and without removing the test-file "conftest.c".  Then
manually compile that file to determine the cause of the problem.

Please tell me what you discover.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson