20041026: installing UDUNITS on Linux 2.4.18

Sean,

>Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 00:09:27 +0800
>From: =?big5?B?taO4zrW+?= <address@hidden>
>To: "Steve Emmerson" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20041021: installing UDUNITS on Linux 2.4.18

> Thanks your help...
>
> But we still have some problem.
>
> After installing UDUNITS ('make test' is success), Netcdf seem to have
> problems.

I'm glad you were able to correctly build the UDUNITS package.

> (after we use " export CPPFLAGS='-Df2cFortran -UNDEBUG' ")
>
> 1. Could you tell us, which one we should install first?

You can install either the UDUNITS or netCDF package first because they
are independent of each other.

> We would like each one of them use f77 complier. We thought that environment
> varies setup isn't correct.
>
> 2. Could you tell us how to build the correct environment varies? (We use
> csh)

To build the netCDF package on a Linux system using the f77(1) Fortran
compiler, please try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level of the netCDF package.

    2.  Perform steps 3 and 4 described in the file INSTALL.html and
        also at

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/INSTALL.html#ReportingProblems

    3.  Execute the following commands:

            setenv CC /usr/bin/gcc
            setenv CPPFLAGS '-DNDEBUG -Df2cFortran'
            setenv CFLAGS -O
            setenv FC /usr/bin/g77
            setenv FFLAGS '-O -Wno-globals'
            setenv CXX /usr/bin/g++

        These commands are taken from a Linux example in the file
        INSTALL.html.

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 described in the file INSTALL.html and
        also at

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/INSTALL.html#ReportingProblems

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,