20040813: building UDUNITS on Cygwin

Dipesh,

>Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:20:11 -0700
>From: Dipesh Patel <address@hidden>
>To: "'Steve Emmerson'" <address@hidden>
>Subject: RE: 20040813: building UDUNITS on Cygwin

>       Thanks for replying.  I am still having problems.  I added the "-f"
> to the rm command at the end of the configure script, and it got rid of the
> configure error.

Actually, adding the "-f" should not have been necessary.  If you look
at that section of the configure script, you'll see that it creates the
files "conftest" and "conftest.c".  So they should have been there to be
removed.  This might indicate a problem in building the program that
does the "include" expansions in the makefiles.

> However, I still get the @CXX@: not found message.  I
> checked the udunits sub-directory, and the contents of that directory are
> the following (after running make):
>
> Makefile
> Makefile.in
> depend
> test.in
> test.out.expect
> udunits.1
> udunits.c
> udunits.o
>
> There is no udunits.cc file in that directory.  But I still get the
> following error message:
>
> gcc -c -Df2cFortran -I../lib -I../port/misc  udunits.c
> @CXX@ -o udunits udunits.o
> -L/cygdrive/c/dpatel/udunits/udunits-1.11.7/src/lib -
> ludunits -L/cygdrive/c/dpatel/udunits/udunits-1.11.7/src/port/misc -ludport
> -ly
> @CXX@: not found

Odd.  What does the command "make -n" output in that directory?

> The VERSION file has the following contents:
>
> 1.11.7

That's a bit old.  The current version is 1.12.1.  I suggest using it.
It's available at

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/udunits/udunits-1.12.1.tar.Z