20030924: udunits and fortran Mac OSX 10.2.

Ruth,

> To: address@hidden
> From: Ruth Platner <address@hidden>
> Subject: udunits and fortran

> I'm trying to compile udunits on a Mac OSX 10.2.  I just picked up the
> udunits source from unidata. I don't have a fortran compiler on this
> machine and I'm getting the errors during make associated with not
> having a fortran compiler. I looked through the e-mail archive and I do
> see this problem discussed, but setting the environment variable
> CPPFLAGS still resulted in compile errors. So I'm not sure what to do.

Try telling the configure script to assume a particular Fortran
compiler (it doesn't matter whether or not it actually exists).

Do the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source-directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.html

    3.  Ensure that the environment variable CPPFLAGS contains, say, the
        string "f2cFortran" (this should keep the "make" happy), e.g.,

            export CPPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran

        or

            setenv CPPFLAGS -Df2cFortran

        depending on your user-shell.

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.html

If you encounter problems, please following the procedure described near
the end of the file INSTALL.html about reporting problems.