20030326: SGI2000: unresolved: ncopt, utopen

Qinghai Liao,

>Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:15:36 +0800
>From: "iaplqh" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20030325: SGI2000: unresolved: ncopt, utopen

> Thanks a lot to your kind help.Another question is following:
> 1.The built binary udunits for SGI6.5 has a problem,The=
>  UDUNITS.o
> is -o32,not n32.

That is correct.  If you want an "n32", then you will have to build it
from source-code.

> 2. I hope you can help me modify the udunits.inc in order to fit
> the g77,linux(Redhat7.2).The PTR(Pointer)definition is not=
>  suitable for
> the g77 compiler,I think,but i cannot do it.
> In file included from exp.F:21:
> udunits.F: In program `MAIN__':
> udunits.F:27: undefined or invalid # directive
> udunits.F:37:
>          PTR utmake
>          1         2
> Unrecognized statement name at (1) and invalid form for assignment or
> statement-function definition at (2)

I do not know what the problem is.  I just successfully compiled the
following Fortran file

        subroutine foo
#include "udunits.F"
        end

on our Linux 2.4.18-3smp system using the command

    /usr/bin/g77 -c a.c

The file "udunits.F" was the one you sent me.  If I can compile my
program using your "udunits.F, then you should be able to compile your
program.