Re: 19991108: Problems with udunits.dat: assay_ton

Randy,

In the above message, you wrote:

> If *I* need to talk to NIST to fix their publication, I will...
> But I had assumed that someone on your end would handle that
> since it should be clearly obvious that anything called a 'ton'
> would be significantly heavier than 1.03 avoirdupois_ounces

I'm afraid that it's not clearly obvious to me that anything with "ton"
in its name would be significantly heavier than 1.03 avoirdupois_ounces
(and I've been dealing with units and their conversions for several
years now).

> I have already sent e-mail to the author requesting additional
> information.  It's either going to end up being a NIST typo or
> a fundamental misunderstanding on my part.

Please be sure to ask your author for a reference.

--------