[THREDDS #VNI-792787]: WMS error

See below

On 1/13/2014 12:24 PM, Rui, Hualan (GSFC-610.2)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] wrote:
> New Client Reply: WMS error
>
> As I have explanted in previous email, 1:many mapping is used for the
> parameters at multiple vertical layers. If 1:1 mapping, will TDS return a
> 3-dimension data array for these parameters?
No, this is not how a grib table works.  What I can do is remove any
reference to level from a parameter description.  Likewise, I can remove
references to "monthly", "daily", and "hourly" that seem to crash
between the various versions of the tables.  It would then be up to the
end user to deduce that a given parameter in a file named
"rainfall_monthly_average" or "temp_daily_average" has a particular
meaning beyond an average value.  However, the same table cannot mean
monthly in one dataset and daily in another.

> The GRITAB files at http://disc.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/hydrology/documentation
> contain the information for Center/Subcenter/Version. For example, the
> GRIBTAB file for NLDAS-2 Primary Forcing Data Set
> http://disc.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/hydrology/grib_tabs/gribtab_NLDAS_FORA_hourly.002.txt
>  contains the information below.

I downloaded all of the gldas and nldas gribtab files from the webpage
that was sent to me.  There seem to be four different tables:

-1:221:221:1
-1:173:4:130
-1:7:138:130
-1:7:12:130

Are you the owner of these tables?  I'm not sure what the leading -1
means (unless it is the very old "discipline"), but applying the common
Center:Subcenter:Version logic would seem to indicate that three
different Centers (221, 173, and 7) and four different Subcenters
(221:221, 173:4, 7:138, 7:12) are represented.

-Lansing

Ticket ID: VNI-792787
Department: Support THREDDS