[THREDDS #VNI-792787]: WMS error

Fan,

It looks like two issues are getting confused here.  The first has to do with
GRIB tables.  I'm working with Hualan to try to resolve that.  The second has
to do with reading hdf files.  Deeper examination of the files previously
provided reveals that they have no recognizable grid coordinates.  Without
recognizable grid coordinates, NetCDF-Java will not find a grid, at which point
many operations will fail.  Deeper examination of some of the files shows a
global attribute with information such as the following:

GridHeader =
"BinMethod=ARITHMETIC_MEAN;\nRegistration=CENTER;\nLatitudeResolution=0.5;\nLongitudeResolution=0.5;\nNorthBoundingCoordinate=40;\nSouthBoundingCoordinate=-40;\nEastBoundingCoordinate=180;\nWestBoundingCoordinate=-180;\nOrigin=SOUTHWEST;\n"

GridHeader =
"BinMethod=ARITHMETIC_MEAN;\nRegistration=CENTER;\nLatitudeResolution=0.25;\nLongitudeResolution=0.25;\nNorthBoundingCoordinate=50;\nSouthBoundingCoordinate=-50;\nEastBoundingCoordinate=180;\nWestBoundingCoordinate=-180;\nOrigin=SOUTHWEST;\n"

This is not a standard method of communicating grid data that we have come
across before.  Can you point me to a reference for a broad category of data
generated in this fashion, or is this something that has been worked out
locally?  If it's local, your best bet is to write a script that parses out the
grid information and passes it to NcML, which can add the grid information to
the files.  The grid-corrected files will then be readable through the
NetCDF-Java library, and thus usable by the TDS.

-Lansing