[THREDDS #QCX-921252]: Wrong dates reported by thredds 4.3

Rostislav,

I was able to reproduce the failure you saw when asking for NetCDF4 versus
NetCDF files.  I wasn't sure why that was happening, so I asked the developer
who worked on the ncss service.  He thought it was probably a bug of some sort,
so I opened a ticket to address the issue.  I don't know if it is an easy fix
or not yet, but it is in the queue.  Thank you for bringing this to our
attention!

https://bugtracking.unidata.ucar.edu/browse/TDS-408

On your second point, I'm not sure what you mean by the small, non-grid
variable.  When I do an ncdump on the file, I see:

  dimensions:
    lon = 3600;
    lat = 1800;
    time = UNLIMITED;   // (1 currently
  variables:
    float lon(lon=3600);
      :long_name = "longitude";
      :units = "degrees_east";
      :standard_name = "longitude";

    float lat(lat=1800);
      :units = "degrees_north";
      :standard_name = "latitude";
      :long_name = "latitude";

    double time(time=1);
      :units = "seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00";
      :calendar = "standard";
      :_ChunkSize = 1; // int

    float emis_PM_FRP(time=1, lat=1800, lon=3600);
      :units = "kg/s";
      :_ChunkSize = 1, 1800, 3600; // int

  // global attributes:
  :CDI = "Climate Data Interface version 1.4.1";
  :Conventions = "CF-1.0";
  :netcdf_generated = "2013-04-15 09:01 UTC";
  :producer = "Finnish Meteorological Institute";
  :data_produced = "2013-04-13";
  :dataset = "IS4FIRES wildland-fire emission reanalysis";
  :contact = "Mikhail Sofiev: address@hidden";
  :PM2P5_10fraction = 0.25999999046325684; // double
  :PM2P5fraction = 0.7400000095367432; // double
  :quantity = "PM emission rate";
  :CDO = "Climate Data Operators version 1.4.1 (http://www.mpimet.mpg.de/cdo)";

Which is the non-grid variable you mean?

On the third point, I will have to see if there is a way to get the information
you want served up in fewer steps, but I don't know if it is possible off-hand.

Regards,
  Lansing