[THREDDS #OIJ-420182]: motherload thredds throwing Error 500 ISE

Daryl,

They're actually seem to be a couple of different issues, and while I've
sorted at least one thing out, I'm currently at an impasse.

The "easy" problem has to do with the size of a request.  The
thredds.ucar.edu server (which is a tds 4.3 edition) gives a 403
forbidden error.  While the error message would suggest
read/write/authentication issues, the real problem is that the subset is
too large and the server is refusing to serve it up.  I've put in a JIRA
ticket to make a nicer error-handling catch:

https://bugtracking.unidata.ucar.edu/browse/TDS-410

The 404 error is more problematic.  However, could you tell me how you
generated the link you send in your last e-mail?  Are you just clicking
through the catalog on motherlode and getting there, or are you
generating the url artificially and sending the request independently?

Thanks,
   Lansing