WCS and Projections

Hi all,

I've recently read the paper titled "Data Access Interoperability within
IOOS" which recommended not to use the WCS server in a production
environment.  I'm not sure which version this referred to, but would
there be a production version of the server anytime soon?  I would
really like to use TDS to publish all of our datasets in as many
standards as possible.

I would also like to know whether applying a transform on the
coordinates on the irregular grid (assuming it's a projection that can
be mapped to a regularly spaced grid) will make datasets compatible with
WCS?  nj22 certainly supports coordinate transformation, so perhaps this
can be applied when a WCS request is made?

Cheers,

-Pauline.