[python #QBL-830922]: A question about advection in MetPy 0.12

Hello, and thanks for the follow-up.

Without seeing the exact code and data, this looks correct to me. If you are
getting errors, please follow up with a code sample and copy of the traceback
you are receiving. Please do update when you can though, multiple bugs and
assumptions have been fixed in our kinematic calculations since 2020! I hope
this helps.

Happy 2024!

Drew

> Let's for my 2D arrays, I have shapes of (150,245), with the first dimension
> corresponding to the y axis and the second dimension corresponding to the x
> axis.
>
> So for my temperature, u, and v arrays, they are all 150 by 245.
>
> I got my dx and dy from metpy.calculations.lat_lon_grid_deltas. The resulting
> dx has the shape of (150,244) and dy has the shape of (149,250).
>
> Do these look correct to you with the implementation of the advection
> function as before?
> mpcalc.advection(temperature, [u, v], deltas=(dx, dy), dim_order='yx')

Ticket ID: QBL-830922
Department: Support Python
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.