[netCDF #MIH-885505]: Failure to install netcdf-3.6.3

Hello,

Thank you for providing the compile and test output.  Unfortunately, netCDF
3.6.3 is very old and no longer supported.  If possible, you may need to
install the modern versions of the C library and the Fortran interface,
available from https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases and
https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-fortran/releases, respectively.
Alternatively, you might contact the wgrib2 development team for any support
they might be able to provide; if they are still suggesting people use this
older version, perhaps they have some information on getting it to compile and
run properly using modern systems and compilers.

I'm sorry I can't provide a more immediately useful solution, but I'm afraid
the first step I can recommend is trying to recreate this issue with the latest
versions.

Have a good day,

-Ward

Ward Fisher
address@hidden
UCAR/Unidata - Software Engineer
NetCDF Team Lead

> Package Version: netcdf-3.6.3
> Operating System: Ubuntu 20.10
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Good day,
>
> I am trying to install netcdf for GNU compilers to be able to compile the
> wave watch 3 model. I updated the make file with the one taken from
> https://ftp.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/wd51we/wgrib2/makefile_v2_for_wgrib2_v3.0.0
>
> I ran the make command and attached the information from the terminal to the
> after_make file attached. The make command did not create any of the sub
> directories so i ran a make chech and attached the errors associated with it.
>
> I am hoping someone will be able to provide some assistance with getting
> netcdf properly installed. Thanks.

Ticket ID: MIH-885505
Department: Support netCDF