[netCDF #NJS-835892]: error in install netcdf-c-4.7.4

Hello,

Did you compile libhdf5 manually? Or was it installed as part of your package
manager? The trick will be to getting a version of libhdf5 that supports zlib
compression.  Do you have the file libhdf5.settings in your system? It would be
in the same directory as libhdf5.  If you can find it, could you provide it?
What version of libhdf5 are you working with?

-Ward

> hi netcdf expert
> My operating system is Linux (Centos 8). When I try to install
> netcdf-c-4.7.4, I get the following error:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr
> .
> .
> .
> checking for library containing H5DSis_scale... -lhdf5_hl
> checking hdf5.h usability... yes
> checking hdf5.h presence... yes
> checking for hdf5.h... yes
> configure: error: HDF5 was not built with zlib, which is required. Rebuild
> HDF5 with zlib.
>

> how can i build hdf5 with zlib ?
> this error doesn't exit is older version
>
> Many thanks
> samad

Ticket ID: NJS-835892
Department: Support netCDF