[netCDF #VTD-374517]: Take ownership of Rust's NetCDF crate?

Hello Miles,

I'd love to discuss this more, but the netCDF team at Unidata has very limited
bandwidth currently, and Rust is not a language we have any experience with.
I'll be happy to take a look at the bindings, and happy to be a part of any
discussion regarding the future of the bindings, but without additional
community support I'm not sure how much support Unidata can provide in the near
future.

That said, there is precedent for Unidata providing support for netCDF language
bindings without taking ownership of them, i.e. netcdf4-python.

So, as I mentioned, I will take a look at the bindings and I'll raise this
question internally.  In the meantime, feel free to tag me in on any
conversations on GitHub regarding the future of this project;  I'm @WardF on
GitHub.

Thanks, have a great weekend,

-Ward

> Hello,
>
> The original creator of Rust's bindings to NetCDF is considering creating
> an organization for it on github:
>
> https://github.com/mhiley/rust-netcdf/issues/23
>
> I thought perhaps, in the off chance, Unidata may be interested in
> accepting it into their fold?
>
> Kind regards,
> Miles Granger

Ticket ID: VTD-374517