[netCDF #ISA-702889]: NetCDF Consolidation

Hello,

There are tools out there that will let you visualize/analyze/query across
multiple files, treating an aggregation of files as a single data source; the
only such tool Unidata provides is the THREDDS Data Server (TDS), which is
server-side software and is non-trivial to configure.  I'm unaware of any other
similar tools that can be used locally.

I'm sorry I can't provide a more immediately useful answer; if you do create
such a tool and make it publicly available, we would certainly be interested to
know about it!

Have a great day,

-Ward

> Hi,
>
> I have a large number of NetCDF files (About 50,000 all close to 30mb each
> - so about 1.5tb in total).
>
> I've been looking on your website and  am just wondering if you have a tool
> that will allow consolidation across a large number of NetCDF files and
> then querying them? e.g. selecting data with certain attributes or
> performing aggregations etc?
>
> I'm considering building something myself to handle them, but if you happen
> to have a tool that can do this already then that would be great.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Martin

Ticket ID: ISA-702889
Department: Support netCDF