[netCDF #FKK-628661]: install question

Hi,

Sorry, but I'm not sure I understand your question.

The translation to English produced by Google is:

  When after the installation finished netcdf-c version installed netcdf-c ++,
  after configure prompt NetCDF must be built with netCDF-4 enabled.
  netcdf-c version of the installation path has been configured to go, and ask
  how to solve these problems.

If you are trying to build and install netCDF-C++, there are two very
different versions of the library, which are incompatible, described
here, under the heading "NetCDF C++ Releases":

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/

The old "legacy" version from netcdf-cxx-4.2.tar.gz (which is no longer
maintained and hasn't changed since September 2011) will build OK
without netCDF-4, if you have a version of netCDF-3 already installed.
For example, here's how I just built and installed it on an OSX platform:

  $ cd netcdf-cxx-4.2
  $ NCDIR=/machine/russ/installs/netcdf-3
  $ mkdir .build
  $ cd .build
  $ CPPFLAGS="-I${NCDIR}/include" LDFLAGS="-L${NCDIR}/lib" ./configure
--prefix=/machine/russ/installs/ncxx42-nc3only
  $ CPPFLAGS="-I${NCDIR}/include" LDFLAGS="-L${NCDIR}/lib" ../configure
--prefix=/machine/russ/installs/ncxx42-nc3only
  $ make
  $ make check
  $ make install

The newer supported version from netcdf-cxx4-4.2.1.tar.gz (which was last
changed in August 2013) requires a netCDF-4 library. If you try to compile
it without netCDF-4 support, the configure script will issue an error message:

  $ NCDIR=/machine/russ/installs/netcdf-3
  $ cd netcdf-cxx4-4.2.1
  $ mkdir .build
  $ cd .build
  $ CPPFLAGS="-I${NCDIR}/include" LDFLAGS="-L${NCDIR}/lib" ../configure
--prefix=/machine/russ/installs/ncxx4-421-nc3only
  configure: error: NetCDF must be built with netCDF-4 enabled.

If it is built with a netCDF-4 library, it works OK:

  $ NCDIR=/machine/russ/installs/netcdf-4
  $ CPPFLAGS="-I${NCDIR}/include" LDFLAGS="-L${NCDIR}/lib" ../configure
--prefix=/machine/russ/installs/ncxx4-421
  $ make all
  $ make check
  $ make install
  $ h

The latest snapshot cloned from GitHub has some fixes and produces fewer
warning messages from the C++ compiler, but also requires a netCDF-4 C
library that has already been installed:

  https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-cxx4/

  $ git clone https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-cxx4.git
  $ cd netcdf-cxx4
  $ autoreconf -if      # generated configure script
  $ mkdir .build
  $ cd .build
  $ NCDIR=/machine/russ/installs/netcdf-4
  $ CPPFLAGS="-I${NCDIR}/include" LDFLAGS="-L${NCDIR}/lib" ../configure
--prefix=/machine/russ/installs/ncxx4-421-dev
  $ make
  $ make check
  $ make install

I hope this answers your question ...

--Russ

> ????netcdf-c??????netcdf-c++??configure???NetCDF must be built with netCDF-4
> enabled?

Ticket ID: FKK-628661
Department: Support netCDF