[netCDF #MLN-183221]: configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (size_t)

Hello Jarno,

Looking in your config.log file, I see that it is failing to determine the
sizeof() for any variable, not just size_t.  I'm finding the following after
each failure in the log file:

configure:16283: result: 0
configure:16297: checking size of off_t
configure:16302: gcc -o conftest.exe -g -O2   conftest.c -lcurl  >&5
configure:16302: $? = 0
configure:16302: ./conftest.exe
configure:16302: $? = 0
configure:16316: result: 8
configure:16330: checking size of size_t
configure:16335: gcc -o conftest.exe -g -O2   conftest.c -lcurl  >&5
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.8.2/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot
open output file conftest.exe: Permission denied
configure:16335: $? = 1
configure: program exited with status 1
configure: failed program was:

It appears to be a filesystem error; the `ld` program is unable to create the
executable it uses to determine the size of the various variables.  Can you
confirm that you have write permission, or perhaps try to compile netcdf from a
different directory?

-Ward

> Full Name: Jarno Schipper
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.3.2
> Operating System: Cygwin
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> on my insitallation of netCDF (cygwin 32-bit) by typing "./configure"
> I receive a "configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (size_t)" error". I
> have the log file added for more details.
>
> I did not find any workaround to solve it. Any suggestions or help is
> much appreciated.
>
> Best regards
> Jarno Schipper

Ticket ID: MLN-183221