[netCDF #LJB-196695]: corrupted netcdf file

> > I performed cdo mergetime operation on the files
> >
> > cdo mergetime MENA50_RAD.2008120100.nc MENA50_RAD.2009010100.nc
> > MENA50_RAD.2009020100.nc  MENA50_RAD_DJF.nc
> >
> > the files MENA50_RAD.2008120100.nc MENA50_RAD.2009010100.nc
> > wok fine and open with ncview and ncdump but for the file
> > MENA50_RAD.2009020100.nc
> >
> > an error occured
> >
> > cdo mergetime: Open failed on
> > >MENA50_RAD.2009020100.nc<
> > Unsupported file type
> > HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.8.8) thread 0:
> >   #000: H5T.c line 1721 in H5Tclose(): not a datatype
> >     major: Invalid arguments to routine
> >     minor: Inappropriate type
> >
> > Error (cdf_close) : NetCDF: HDF error
> >
> > Any advice

Sorry, there's not enough information in that report of an
error to diagnose the cause of the error.  I see another CDO
user has reported the same error in the last month:

  https://code.zmaw.de/boards/1/topics/3032

Just guessing, it may be that the file was not closed properly
after it was written, or it was interrupted before the close
finished.  If you run ncdump on the file, does it complete, showing
all the data that's supposed to be there, or does it also get an
HDF5 error?

To debug the problem further, we would need a small example that
demonstrates the problem using just the netCDF and HDF5 libraries,
to eliminate the possibility that it's a CDO problem.

--Russ

Ticket ID: LJB-196695
Department: Support netCDF