[netCDF #PKG-241010]: Fortran code exaple for netcdf

Hi Frank,

> due to a first help i was able to produce a first example. It is included as
> attachment.

Thanks very much for making this available!

> There is one problem left. Writing and reading the station_name as a char
> variable is producing additional character items in the nc-file and in the
> retrieved character value as a result of nf90_get_var
>
> Is there a solution?

You sent a subsequent email saying you found a solution for the
problem.  As you've noted, the StationName values are not
terminated, since they're represented as counted arrays of
characters.  My solution was just to replace

  write(6,'(1a,1i1,1a,1a)') "Station ",iStationNo,", StationName:
",trim(cStationName)

with

  write(6,'(1a,1i1,1a,1a)') "Station ",iStationNo,", StationName:
",cStationName(1:(index(cStationName,char(0))-1))

but please let me know if you have a better or shorter fix.  My
Fortran is a bit rusty ...

> There is no problem, if you want to keep this example (after solving the
> remaining problem).

Yes, I'd like to include it (with credit) as an extra example
on our examples page.

--Russ

Ticket ID: PKG-241010
Department: Support netCDF