[netCDF #VFP-415990]: reallocation error in nc_get_atttype & nc_get_att_int

Hi Andrrew,

> Are you folks aware of an error in which calling nc_get_atttype or
> nc_get_att_int on modern Linux distributions (specifically ones where
> gcc inserts checking for attempts to free unallocated memory) causes an
> error of the for m:
>
> *** glibc detected *** ./msp_etop_to_damil: realloc(): invalid next size:
> 0x0000000002603f60 ***
>
> I have experienced it under both CentOS / RedHat 6.4 and Mint 13 and
> with netcdf versions 3.6.3 and 4.3.1.
>
> If this is a known issue can you point me towards a patch to fix it? If
> I've discovered a new bug let me know and i can put together a simple
> case & test driver that will demonstrate it.

This is a new bug, as far as I can tell.  We would appreciate a small example
that demonstrates the bug.  We run valgrind tests that call those functions
and that don't indicate attempts to free unallocated memory.

Thanks!

--Russ

Ticket ID: VFP-415990
Department: Support netCDF