[netCDF #FUW-295578]: netcdf Make check error

Hi Alex,

> Thanks for the help. I recompiled hdf5 with zlib enabled and now the all
> the tests for the netcdf c library have been passed, and I installed
> successfully.
>
> However, now I am not able to successfully install the fortran
> (netcdf-fortran-4.2) library. I get the following error:
>
> checking size of off_t... configure: error: in
> `/home/fispalma25/apps/netcdf/netcdf-fortran-4.2':
> configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (off_t)
> See `config.log' for more details
>
> I have attached `config.log` in case that helps. I would appreciate any
> advice you can provide.

Since you installed the netCDF C library as a shared library in a location that
is
not searched by default, you need to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variable (or the equivalent DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH for OSX) , as described here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

This is in addition to the LDFLAGS you are giving the compiler, because the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is used by the loader to find shared libraries.

--Russ

> Cheers,
> Alex
>

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On 1/23/14, 9:27 AM, Alex Robinson wrote:
> > > New Ticket: netcdf Make check error
> > >
> > > This test failed during `Make check`:
> > >
> > > *** Checking HDF5 variable functions.
> > > *** Checking HDF5 boolen variables...ok.
> > > *** Checking HDF5 variable with unlimited dimension...ok.
> > > *** Checking HDF5 deflate filter setting and getting...Sorry! Unexpected
> > > result, tst_h_vars.c, line: 230
> > > FAIL: tst_h_vars
> > >
> > > I am installing netCDF version 4.3.1 with HDF5 version 1.8.12.
> > >
> > > Am I doing something wrong?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Alex
> > >

> > Frequently this is caused by an HDF5 install that was not compiled
> > with zlib compression enabled.  It may also be caused if HDF5 was
> > compiled with SZIP support but if netCDF was not.  If you provide
> > the config.log file, I will be happy to take a look, but the first step
> > will be to ensure that you are using an HDF5 compiled with zlib
> > support.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > -Ward
> >

> > Ticket Details