[netCDF #UYZ-467196]: install netcdf-4.1.3

Zeinab,

>  Thank a lot, I did you said, but there is another error :
> configure: error: Can't find or link to the z library. Turn off netCDF-4 and
> opendap with --disabled-netcdf-4 --disable-dap, or see config.log for errors.
> The config.log and the error message are attached, also I reinstall the
> fedora 18 instead of fedora19
> and use pgi12.10, zlib-1.2.8 and hdf5-1.8.11.

Hmm, I thought you had solved this problem by installing zlib in /usr/lib64 or
someplace else that is searched by default.  If instead you have installed
libz.a or libz.so in location "/foo/bar/lib/", then you need to use

   ./configure --with-zlib=/foo/bar/lib [... other options]

in your configure script options (this works with netCDF-4.1.3, but later
versions instead use CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS environment variables to specify
where to look for libraries, such as

   CPPFLAGS="-I/foo/bar/include" LDFLAGS="-L/foo/bar/lib" ./configure ...

--Russ

> Hi Zeinab,
>

> > I try to install netcdf-4.1.3 with pgi12.10, zlib-1.2.8 and hdf5-1.8.11,
> > but I get this error (configure: error: Fortran could not compile .f90
> > files)
>

> > I attached the file of log.config, and the message error in file of
> > netcdf_error.
>
> > I use fedora 19.
>
> > please, could you help me ?
>

> Your config.log contains:
>

>   configure:6437: finding Fortran compiler (will not be used if Fortran API
> is not desired)
>
>   configure:6545: checking for Fortran compiler version
>
>   configure:6554: pgf90 --version >&5
>
>   ./configure: line 6556: pgf90: command not found
>

> The problem is that you have specified the Fortran compiler using "FC=pgf90",
> but pgf90 is not
>
> found on your PATH.  I see that your PATH includes the directory
>

>   /opt/pgi/linux86-64/12.8/bin/
>

> Is pgf90 in that directory?  If so, is it executable?  If not, have you
> installed pgf90 somewhere
>
> else that's not in your search PATH?
>

> Once the problem of finding the pgf90 compiler is solved, you should set the
> PATH environment
>
> variable to include the proper directory, and rerun the configure script to
> make sure it completes.
>

> --Russ
>

> Russ Rew                                         UCAR Unidata Program
>
> address@hidden                      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
>

> Ticket Details

> Ticket ID: UYZ-467196
>
> Department: Support netCDF