[netCDF #UYZ-467196]: install netcdf-4.1.3

Hi Zeinab,

> I try to install netcdf-4.1.3 with pgi12.10, zlib-1.2.8 and hdf5-1.8.11, but
> I get this error (configure: error: Fortran could not compile .f90 files)
>
> I attached the file of log.config, and the message error in file of
> netcdf_error.
> I use fedora 19.
> please, could you help me ?

Your config.log contains:

  configure:6437: finding Fortran compiler (will not be used if Fortran API is
not desired)
  configure:6545: checking for Fortran compiler version
  configure:6554: pgf90 --version >&5
  ./configure: line 6556: pgf90: command not found

The problem is that you have specified the Fortran compiler using "FC=pgf90",
but pgf90 is not
found on your PATH.  I see that your PATH includes the directory

  /opt/pgi/linux86-64/12.8/bin/

Is pgf90 in that directory?  If so, is it executable?  If not, have you
installed pgf90 somewhere
else that's not in your search PATH?

Once the problem of finding the pgf90 compiler is solved, you should set the
PATH environment
variable to include the proper directory, and rerun the configure script to
make sure it completes.

--Russ

Ticket ID: UYZ-467196
Department: Support netCDF