[netCDF #SCH-450091]: GWASTools & Affymetrix

Hi Silvano,

> I'm trying to use GWASTools (software R) with data provided by Affymetrix.
>
> I want to read intensity data.
>
> The command GWASTools is provided by:
>
> file <- system.file ("extdata", "affy_qxy.nc" package = "GWASdata")
> nc <- NcdfIntensityReader (file)
>
> where file receives data affy_qxy_nc, the subdirectory extdata, GWASdata
> package.
>
> The question is: which variables are presents in affy_qxy_nc and how to
> obtain them from the archives of Affymetrix?

I'm guessing you need to use the "ncdump" command-line tool with option "-c",
as in:

  ncdump -c affy_qxy.nc

to show you all the variables, along with their types, shape, and attributes.

You can get ncdump if you install netCDF from source:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/netcdf-4_2_1_1/

or from one of the binary Windows distributions available here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/win_netcdf/

--Russ

> Silvano Cesar da Costa
>
> Universidade Estadual de Londrina