[netCDF #RPO-951644]: netcdf 4.1.3 build failure

Greetings Roger,

The test is trying to contact the test.opendap.org dods server, which can be a
unavailable sometimes; however, It's looks as though the dods server has been
down for days. Until the dods test server returns, try using the
--disable-dap-remote-tests flag when you run configure...this will skip the
test causing the failure, but continue testing the rest of your install.

Cheers,

Sean

> Hi all,
>
> FYI, after my difficulties with the 4.1.3 'make check' I then tried to
> build 4.1.2 and 4.1.1. 4.1.2 failed the same test, and 4.1.1 failed
> several tests. Up until my recent netcdf upgrade attempt I had been using
> 4.0.1, which passes all 'make check' tests on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roger
>
> On Sun, 5 Feb 2012, Unidata netCDF Support wrote:
>

> > Roger Davis,
> >
> > Your Ticket has been received, and a Unidata staff member will review it
> > and reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this new Ticket. Please
> > make sure the Ticket ID remains in the Subject: line on all correspondence
> > related to this Ticket.
> >
> >    Ticket ID: RPO-951644
> >    Subject: netcdf 4.1.3 build failure
> >    Department: Support netCDF
> >

> > The NetCDF libraries are developed at the Unidata Program Center/UCAR,
> > in Boulder, Colorado; we are funded primarily by the U.S. National
> > Science Foundation.
> >
> > All support requests are handled by the development team; no
> > dedicated support staff are funded at this time. For this reason
> > we cannot guarantee response times, nor can we resolve every support
> > issue, although we do our best to respond within 72 hours.
> >
> > It is in the nature of support requests that the same question is
> > asked many times. We urge you to search the support archives for
> > material relating to your support inquiry:
> >
> > http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/search.jsp?support&netcdf
> >
> > If you are having trouble building netCDF, please take a look at the
> > "Build Troubleshooter" section of the netCDF home page:
> >
> > http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/
> >
> > Windows users should see the FAQ list:
> >
> > http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/faq.html#windows_netcdf4
> >
> > Complete documentation (including a tutorial, and sample programs in
> > C, Fortran, Java, and other programming languages) can be found on the
> > netCDF Documentation page:
> >
> > http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/
> >
> > If you resolve your issue through one of these methods, please send a
> > assistance. This will help us spend more time on netCDF development.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: RPO-951644
Department: Support netCDF