[netCDF #SYI-729713]: Problem modifying readgeneral.F to read a data set

Hi Steve,

> I am trying to read a data set in netcdf on a SUN with Fortran.
> Finally got netcdf and udunits installed and got readgeneral.F to
> compile.

Sorry, I don't know what readgeneral.F is, but it's not part of our
supported netCDF software.

> Then modified readgeneral.F to read the new data set by doing ncdump -h
> to get the info needed.
> >

> > when I run it I get this error message:
> >
> > ncattinq: ncid 65536; varid 2; attname "units": NetCDF: Attribute not
> > found

It sounds like readgeneral.F expects each variable to have a "units"
attribute, as expected by many netCDF programs that require data compliant
with the CF conventions, or other similar metadata standards.

This is not a netCDF error, but a symptom of a file with missing metadata.

--Russ

Ticket ID: SYI-729713
Department: Support netCDF