[netCDF #SGX-345422]: Compiling with gfortran and refernece to netcdf libraries

Hi Sophie,

> I have had a lot of trouble installing netcdf and gfortran on my mac os x
> 10.6 and was hoping for some direction. I thought I had gfortran and netcdf
> 4.1 installed correctly, but I can't seem to getting the linking flags
> correct.

I assume this means that you ran "make check" and "make install", and both
completed
successfully.

> When I try and compile a script with a -lnetcdff reference (gfortran test.f
> -o test -I/opt/local/include -I/usr/include -lnetcdf), I get a error beginning
>
> >Undefined symbols:
> >  "_nf_put_att_text_", referenced from:

Try

  gfortran -I/opt/local/include test.f -o test -L/opt/local/lib -lnetcdff
-lnetcdf

> When I try nc-config --flibs, it returns
> > -L/opt/local/lib -lnetcdff -lnetcdf
>
> But then when I try to compile with
> gfortran test.f -o test  -I/opt/local/include -I/usr/include -lnetcdf
> -llnetcdf

That was missing the "-L/opt/local/lib" ...

> I get
> ld: library not found for -llnetcdf
>
> Can someone please provide some direction for installing with the correct
> libraries? I'm really not sure what I've done wrong here.

Please let us know if the gfortran invocation line above doesn't work.

--Russ

Ticket ID: SGX-345422
Department: Support netCDF