[netCDF #NUM-345602]: netcdf 4.1.3 fails on nf_test with cray compiler (on Lynx)

Davide,

Sorry it took so long to respond to your question.
> I successfully compiled netcdf 4.1.3 on our Cray XT5m (Lynx) with cray
> compiler.
>
> Unfortunately, make check fails on nf_test with a strange "not found"
> error (see attachment for details). I believe this is a bug on your
> side, since if something is "not found", the "not found" string
> shouldn't go into the makefile as the directory for that "not found"
> library....

This is strange, something we haven't seen before, and a problem I
can't reproduce.  It may very well be a bug in our build process,
but unfortunately our expert on autoconf is now working elsewhere.

> Is it ok to install anyway with the missing functionality or is this
> something essential to the library? Is there a workaround?

I don't know what functionality is missing as a result of this error,
so I can't answer the question, unfortunately.

> Kind of related: is there a way to prevent a failed test from halting
> the running of the whole suite? I'd like to see if there are other tests
> broken, of this is the only one. According to
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Testing.html#Testing
> there isn't, but maybe you have a hidden environment variable or
> something...

No, not as far as I know, except to comment the test out of the test
scripts or test program and rebuild/rerun.

--Russ

Ticket ID: NUM-345602
Department: Support netCDF