[netCDF #DPQ-653201]: netcdf 4.1.1 make check error

Hi Mark,

> Hi, when running make check with netcdf 4.1.1 I get a bunch of HDF5
> errors before tst_interops, but tst_interops reports PASS. Attached
> are config, make and make check outputs. Can these be ignored, are
> they expected?

You're referring to the errors

>   HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.8.4-patch1) thread 0:
>     #000: H5O.c line 676 in H5Oget_info_by_idx(): group not found
>       major: Symbol table
>       minor: Object not found
>     #001: H5Gloc.c line 578 in H5G_loc_find_by_idx(): can't find object
>       major: Symbol table
>       minor: Object not found

>     #005: H5Gobj.c line 1108 in H5G_obj_lookup_by_idx(): no creation order
> index to query
>       major: Symbol table
>       minor: Bad value
>
>   *** Testing HDF5/NetCDF-4 interoperability...

Those errors only occur when --enable-logging is specified to
configure to support logging HDF5 errors, and we *do* expect them.
The errors are a result of the netCDF-4 library trying to get the
creation order of the data in the file, and we apparently can't easily
suppress them.

--Russ

Ticket ID: DPQ-653201
Department: Support netCDF