[netCDF #MLU-855565]: [netcdfgroup] Is this likely due to netcdf?

Hi Hongyan,

> I met the following problem when I compiling CMAQ source codes:
>
> -DSUBST_PADAT_ID=\"/brosto2/jcl_data/hdang/M3HOME/CMAQ_ADJv4.5/models/include/release/pa_noop/PA_DAT.EXT\"
> calc_obsgrad.F
> PGF90-F-0004-Corrupt or Old Module file
> /brosto2/jcl_data/hdang/M3HOME/CMAQ_ADJv4.5/scripts/cctm/MOD_DIR/netcdf.mod
> (calc_obsgrad.F: 55)
> PGF90/any Linux/x86-64 6.1-6: compilation aborted
> make: *** [calc_obsgrad.o] Error 2
>
> If I comment out the line "use netcdf" in calc_obsgrad.F, I can get the
> object file. I've "make clean" the netcdf, deleted files in include/ and
> lib/ folder, and re-installed netcdf, but I get the same problem again. The
> process I install netcdf-3.6.2 is:
>
> ./configure --prefix=[current path]
> make CC=gcc CPP=g++
> make install
> make check
>
> seems no problem. My CMAQ code and netCDF work well on another machine.

As has been pointed out by the netcdfgroup responses, you must make
sure the same Fortran 90 compiler is used for both compiling the
netCDF F90 interface and for your application.  The format (and even
name) of .mod module files are different for different compilers.

--Russ

Ticket ID: MLU-855565
Department: Support netCDF