[McIDAS #WHS-480327]: Missing Japanese and European Satellite Data at PUB

Hi Fred,

er:
> The European and Japanese satellite data on the NESDIS ADDE server PUB (at
> satepsanone.nesdis.noaa.gov)
> has not updated since June 27.

While disappointing, this is not surprising to me.  Quite some time ago, we
learned that the old AIX machine that was hosting the satepsanone.nesdis.gov
site would not be replaced with new hardware that was capable of running
newer versions of McIDAS, so GOES-R/S data would not be made available
(lack of disk space was also an issue).  Whether or not they stuck to that
decision is unknown to me, but I suspect that they have given the set of
descriptors listed for the PUB dataset:

GEFDSK01V        8
GEFDSK04I2       8
GEFDSK04I3       8
GEFDSK04I4       8
GEFDSK04I5       8
GEFDSK04I6       8
GWFDSK01V        8
GWFDSK04I2       8
GWFDSK04I3       8
GWFDSK04I4       8
GWFDSK04I6       8
GWNHEM01V       48
GWNHEM04I2      48
GWNHEM04I3      48
GWNHEM04I4      48
GWNHEM04I6      48
GWSHEM01V       48
GWSHEM04I2      48
GWSHEM04I3      48
GWSHEM04I4      48
GWSHEM04I6      48

The descriptors above were for GOES-East/West datasets when the operational
satellites were GVAR (e.g., GOES-13 and GOES-15).

re:
> I don't know who in NESDIS to contact about this problem.  Do you have a
> contact person for this ADDE server?

No, but I'll send a note off to the MUG to see if they have a NESDIS contact
that they are willing to share.

Ticket ID: WHS-480327
Department: Support McIDAS