[McIDAS #BHN-273617]: Higher resolution maps??

Hi Carol,

re: adding a list of existing map outline files to ...
> Ok, I think that would be helpful.

I just added a comment section to MAP.CORE that lists the various map files
in the Unidata McIDAS-X distribution with indications of their coverage and
if they are SSEC core or a Unidata addition.  I've attached the reworked
file to this reply for you to take a look at and comment on.

re:
> It might even be nice to add the DMAP
> OUT command somewhere in the MAP documentation.

Hmm... DMAP is the McIDAS 'ls' command, and commenting everything that
it can list is next to impossible.

re:
> This way users could
> understand how to generate the list of map filenames in McIDAS.

Yes, but this sort of thing is covered in the McIDAS workshop
material and learning modules that are available on the Unidata
McIDAS website.

re:
> Anyways, thanks for showing me all these maps I didn't know about!

No worries.  Please let me know what you think of the addition that I
just made to MAP.CORE.

Ticket ID: BHN-273617
Department: Support McIDAS