[McIDAS #RCY-484528]: McIDAS-X 2017 installation on ubuntu16.04

Hi Sohail,

My apologies for the silence over the past couple of days; I took the
weekend off....

This is a very quick note to let you know that I will make time to
send a detailed, step-by-step McIDAS-X installation email a little later
today.

One thing I want to say in this email is that since I don't have an
Ubuntu 18.04 system to use for testing McIDAS-X installations, I
could have problems answering questions that may be solely related
to this version of the OS.

Please keep an eye out for a follow-up email later today!

Sohail Kahn wrote:
> I tried m best but reinstalling again and again not only the mcidasx2016
> and mcidasx2016 but also switching from ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04 and from 64
> bit to 32 bit.
> Now Here i am providing you detail step by step information about my machine
> and also what steps i am following.
> 1. Platform information
> [image: Screenshot from 2018-07-23 21-10-08.png]
>
> 2. First I installed the following library.
> *Type:   yum install libX11-devel libXt-devel libXpm-devel
> libXext-devel ncurses ncurses-devel*
>
> Note: as i am using ubuntu so i use sudo apt-get for package installation.
>
> Second these libraries like libX11-devel and the other are available with a
> bit different names like libX11-dev.
>
> Are these the right libraries? Please can you give me ubuntu command and
> libraries name that are exactly working with bunut? will be appreciated.
>
> 2. After that i set the environment variables.
> Here is the screen-shot of */etc/profile *settings.
>
> [image: Screenshot from 2018-07-23 21-12-50.png]
> ?3. After that i run *./mcunpack* command
>
> [image: image.png]
>
> 4. After i run change the directory to *cd mcidas2017/src* and run the
> *make* and *make install* commands
> [image: image.png]
>
> ?5.? Here is the error of *g2clib*
> [image: Screenshot from 2018-07-23 21-12-28.png]
>
> Can you please guide how to get rid of this error?
> Why this g2clib error occurs? where i am doing the mistake?
>
> I will be really thankful for the guidance as always.
>
> Regards,
> Sohail
>
> --
> Muhammad Sohail