[McIDAS #JGN-249914]: IMGMAKE

Hi Mike,

re: NOAAPort SCMI vs GRB ABIN
> Yep, all I've got is NOAAPort so SCMI it is.

OK.

re:
> Hmm, I don't think IMGREMAP itself is the culprit.  Two reasons:
>
> First, this command (IMGDISP NPGOESR/CONUSC13 MAG=-3 LAT=37.0 93.0)
> will still result in that strangeness, where remapping was never done.

Hmm... this must mean that there is some unneeded byte swapping going
on.  This should be a big help in my investigation of the problem.

re:
> But here's another interesting note.  I still have the pre-release
> installed on a dev environment so I fired that up.  Issued the same
> commands using your remote server and same strangeness.  Okay, but if
> I use a local data set on that machine, everything is fine.  Still
> dimmer as it was before, but no strange effects.  This is leading me
> to believe it's related to how the data is being served.

I agree.

re:
> RESOLV.SRV
> still has these listed at K=ABIS as this version is from before SCMI
> was supported (believe it's the first one you sent me).

The thing that changed between the pre-release and "released" version
was the calibration module code.  This is where I will be looking.

re:
> Something else I just tried, that same command above but added
> SU=IRTEMP.  That plots and looks just fine.  Without the SU, that
> strange problem exists.

Wow!  That makes absolutely no sense to me at the moment.

re:
> If I do the same test with fulldisk instead
> of conus, same result.  BUT, if I remap the data first, then the SU
> application will have no effect.

And that make no sense to me either, but it should be a clue.

re:
> Yeah, this is a bit of a head-scratcher.  Let me know if there's
> anything else you'd like me to try or anything else I can do to help.

I will be deep in the code today looking for something subtle.  I'll
let you know what I find when I find it.

Ticket ID: JGN-249914
Department: Support McIDAS