[McIDAS #JGN-249914]: IMGMAKE

Hi Mike,

re:
> Nearly everything was K=ABIS, did a find/replace all to K=SCMI.  I'm
> only working with GOES16 on this install so those were the only
> entries I had in there.

To be clear, the dataset I was talking about was the one for the GOES-16
SCMI images that are distributed in NOAAPort.  The GOES-16 images that
are in the GRB use K=ABIN in RESOLV.SRV.

re: please report snags

> I've found two, but at least one should be an easy fix.
>
> After sourcing the file you mentioned above, the new MCSTRETCH
> variable was not in my environment.  I'm using bash, so I'm looking at
> those .sh files.  I see 'MCSTRETCH="EXP"' exists, but MCSTRETCH was
> not added to the export line in either .sh file (line 51 in
> mcidas_env.sh, line 11 in user_env.sh).  For the other shells, each
> line uses setenv so I don't foresee a problem there.

That's what I get for doing too fast, last minute edits.  I have
added MCSTRETCH to the list of environment variables that get exported
in both the user_env.sh and mcidas_env.sh scripts.  After doing this,
I cut a new distribution compressed tar file, mcidasx2017.tar.gz, and
uploaded it to the McIDAS-X v2017 download area on our website.

re:
> Snag two, I'm now seeing some odd artifacting when I display GOES16
> data.  I'm attaching an example.  Below are the settings I used to
> make that image:
>
> IMGREMAP NPGOESR/FDC13 GOESR.13 PRO=LAMB 5 28 98.5 SIZE=14000 11000
> IMGDISP GOESR.13 MAG=-6 LAT=37.0 93.0
>
> A number of differences would yield something similar (remap or not,
> full disk data or conus, other bands, etc.).  Though one combination
> that seems right is IMGDISP the raw CONUS data with SU=IRTEMP, most
> other things look like that example.  I can try to narrow down what
> circumstances cause it better tomorrow when I have a little more time.

Hmm...  Since I didn't touch the IMGREMP or ABIN ADDE server code,
the IMGREMAP strangeness show in the example display that you attached
is a puzzler.  This one will take some deep code diving, so it may
take quite a bit of time to find and fix.

re:
> But some good news, whatever problem I was having earlier with
> remaping and SU tables seems to have gone away.

I don't understand the SU problem you reported previously, so I'm
glad that it went away.

re:
> I can remap and SU
> just fine now, and I tend to believe whatever's going on now is
> unrelated.

That is my guess as well.

Again, figuring out what is going on with the IMGREMAP will likely
take a lot of time... sigh!

Ticket ID: JGN-249914
Department: Support McIDAS