[McIDAS #VSG-323612]: Navigation error when plotting image beyond a certain dimension

Hi Kwan,

re:
> I suppose I can make use of the NEXRAD Level III Hybrid Hydrometeor
> Classification to re-colorize the NEXRCOMP/1KN0R-NAT reflectivity images.

I would suggest using the digital hybrid reflectivity as it has higher
data resolution (more levels) than the 1KN0R-NAT products.

re:
> What ADDE group name can I use to access the HHC images?

Remember that you can interrogate the ADDE server to see which datasets
are defined within an ADDE group.  For instance:

DSINFO I NEXRCOMP

        Dataset Names of Type: IMAGE in Group: NEXRCOMP

Name         NumPos   Content
------------ ------   --------------------------------------
10KRCM-NAT   99999    10 km RCM National Composite Radar
1KDHR-NAT    99999    1 km DHR US Digital Hybrid Reflectivity Composite
1KDVL-NAT    99999    1 km DVL US Digital Vert. Int. Liquid H2O Composite
1KEET-NAT    99999    1 km EET US Enhanced Echo Tops Composite
1KHHC-NAT    99999    1 km HHC US Hybrid Hydrometeor Class. Composite
1KN0R-NAT    99999    1 km N0R US Base Reflectivity Composite
2KN1P-NAT    99999    2 km N1P US 1-hr Precip. Composite
4KNTP-NAT    99999    4 km NTP US Storm Total Precip. Composite
6KN0R-NAT    99999    6 km N0R National Base Reflectivity Composite

DSINFO -- done

re: maximum image size

I verified your finding that a frame of 4800 x 6400 is too large for
McIDAS-X.  All I can suggest is making the frame size smaller so
that the mapping works correctly.  Given that the size of the
NEXRCOMP composites is significantly smaller than 4800 x 6400, this
should be reasonably easy.

Reminder of product size:

IMGLIST NEXRCOMP/1KDHR-NAT FORM=ALL

Image file directory listing for:NEXRCOMP/1KDHR-NAT
 Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center      Res (km)   Image_Size
     sensor                                 Lat  Lon    Lat   Lon
 --- -------------  ------------  --------  ---- ----  ----- ----- ------------
  96  RADAR         18 MAR 17077  15:50:00     TWX
   Band: 28   No Information Available                  1.02  1.02  3000 x 4736
     proj:    0 created: 2017077 155118  memo: 1 km CONUS DHR Composite [dBZ]
     type:NEXR     cal type:RAW
     offsets:  data=    1964 navigation=  256 calibration=    0 auxiliary=  768
     doc length:   0   cal length:   0   lev length:   0 PREFIX=   0
     valcod:          0 zcor:  0 avg-smp: N
     lcor:    1  ecor:     1  bytes per pixel: 1  ss:  7
     Resolution Factors (base=1):   Line=    1.0   Element=    1.0
IMGLIST: done

You can see from this listing that the product size, 3000x4736, is _way_ smaller
than your frame size, 4800x6400.  You can easily fit the image in a frame that
is 3200x5000, and mapping is fully supported for this size frame.

Ticket ID: VSG-323612
Department: Support McIDAS