[McIDAS #WPD-667222]: Fwd: McIDAS 2017 install

Hi Greg,

re: change #!/bin/sh to: #!/bin/bash in mcinet2017.sh

> Sorry I wasn't clear - we made the change you suggested to the first line
> of the script and it had no effect on the error.

OK, this is important for me to know.

re:
> On our system there's a symbolic link set up so /bin/sh -> /bin/bash

Right.  On modern versions of Linux, 'bash' is _the_ default shell.  'sh'
is a link to 'bash', and when 'bash' is run, it examines how it is run
and adjusts accordingly.  In the past on non-RedHat version of Linux
(e.g., Ubuntu), I have found that changing from running '/bin/sh' to
running '/bin/bash' in scripts has gotten around things like line
length problems.  Given your experience (which I will re-verify on
ingest.unidata.ucar.edu), I will need to restructure the logic in
mcinet2017.sh to limit line lengths.

Thanks for the input, and please let me know when you get to configuring
ADDE on your new machine.

Ticket ID: WPD-667222
Department: Support McIDAS