[McIDAS #TEU-219455]: topo map

Hi Kwan,

re:
> But when I read the AREA file using GEMPAK, I got the same color problem.
> Do you mind if you can remap the terrain file once again and resend it to
> me to make sure that the file came from your end?

OK.  Here is what I just did from my interactive McIDAS-X session:

DSSERVE LIST TEST

Group/Descriptor         Type  Format & Range     RT Comment
------------------------ ----- ------------------ -- --------------------
TEST/TOPO                IMAGE GINI                  Test TOPO from Kwan

DIRFILE=/home/mcidas/workdata/newustopo_hires.area
DSSERVE: done

IMGREMAP TEST/TOPO MYDATA/IMAGES.3050 SSIZE=ALL PRO=PS X 97 SIZE=ALL RES=6
Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 805952
IMGREMAP: transformations complete ... begin data move
Transferring AREA data outbound, bytes= 1054720
IMGREMAP: Done...

SF 1;ERASE F;IMGDISP TEST/TOPO EU=TOPO;MAP FILE=OUTVHPOL;SF 2;ERASE F;IMGDISP
MYDATA/IMAGES.3050 EU=TOPO;MAP FILE=OUTVHPOL
Erased image frame(s) 1-1
Erased graphic frame(s) 1-1
ERASE: Done
Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 1181580
IMGDISP: loaded frame  1
IMGDISP: done
EU: Restoring TOPO.ET to frame(s)= 1
EU: Done
MAP: Completed frame 1
Erased image frame(s) 2-2
Erased graphic frame(s) 2-2
ERASE: Done
Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 1054720
IMGDISP: loaded frame  2
IMGDISP: done
EU: Restoring TOPO.ET to frame(s)= 2
EU: Done
MAP: Completed frame 2

FRMSAVE 1 newustopo_hires.gif
Frame saved in /home/mcidas/workdata/newustopo_hires.gif

FRMSAVE 2 mydataimages_3050.gif
Frame saved in /home/mcidas/workdata/mydataimages_3050.gif

I have attached:

newustopo_hires.gif
mydataimages_3050.gif
AREA3050

A quick look at the displays of the original and remapped newusatopo images
seems to be the same as before - they match.

Ticket ID: TEU-219455